Sunday, November 07, 2010

Flat Tires

I thought not having a car would be easy... It gets dark at 5 pm and rains a whole lot in Oregon. I thought a bike would be an efficient means of transportation... Riding 10+ miles a day gets you a whole lot of flat tires. I thought living on a modest stipend wouldn't be very difficult... Thank heaven for food stamps. I thought not having a television or computer wouldn't be too bad, I'll catch up on my reading... I miss Real Housewives of NJ. I thought moving somewhere by myself would be much more liberating... I'm about to buy a bunch of cats. I thought teaching would be easy. HA. I do truly love working with these students everyday, though.
Never have I felt more humbled and alone since I've moved here. Thank God for a family who sends me help before I even ask for it, a boyfriend and friends who listen and listen and listen, and a bunch of high school teachers who give can rally 12 bikes in 3 hours when I need 1!



We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit.
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever.
2 Corinthians 4:8, 16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Welcome

Hello + Welcome

Archives

Followers