Monday, December 06, 2010

Arrival

Dictionary.com - Advent - noun 1. a coming into place, view, or being; arrival. - Synonyms 1. onset, beginning, commencement, start.
     Today is the Second Sunday in Advent, a season for preparation. Preparation for Christ's first coming, to rescue the world, walk the earth, live the truth, and to die. A season to help me appreciate the holiday, rather than be relieved when it's over. Christmas is such a precious time, I want it to mean something, I want to absorb it, I want to be mindful...and those five flames help me do that.
     I prepare to wrap up my first semester in Oregon. All this rain has washed away most of my negativity and allowed me to look back on these months as a time of learning. 
"My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be..." Robert Frost
I prepare to fly out on Friday and spend my first Christmas away from home. Just like this time last year, I prepare to come back to the daunting question, "What's next?" I'm prepared to accept that I do not know. I'm prepared to listen for the answer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello + Welcome

Hello + Welcome

Archives

Followers